Mining (James S Dixon Chair)

Description

A lectureship in Mining was instituted in 1902 and endowed by the gift of James S Dixon. He also endowed the Chair, which was founded in 1907. The appointments in 1932 and 1947 were made jointly with the Royal Technical College but the agreement was cancelled in 1967 with the formation of the University of Strathclyde.

The founding ordinance was repealed in 1980 when teaching ceased. The funds from the endowment were subsequently applied to the James S Dixon Chair of Applied Geology.

Summary

Mining (James S Dixon Chair)
Award Type: Professorships
Year Founded: 1907
Record last updated: 29th Apr 2008

University Connections

Associated people

Post Holder:
Benefactor:

There are no comments available. Log in using the box in the top right of the page to post a comment. No user account? Register here.