Mathematics Building


The Mathematics Building was designed and built between 1964-1968, in tandem with the Boyd Orr building, by J. L. Gleave & Partners. The structure was an example of Brutalist architecture. The £315,000 building was officially opened by Sir Edward Maitland Wright, mathematician and Principal of Aberdeen University, on 19 May 1969.

Built within the University development zone that was designated north of University Avenue in 1945, trebling the campus area, the Mathematics Building opened in 1968.


Mathematics Building
15 University Gardens
G12 8QW
Record last updated: 7th Mar 2017

University Connections