Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow

Description

The Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow (FPG) was formed some time before 1688 and obtained a Royal Charter in 1796. The Faculty serves the needs of the legal profession in Glasgow and West Central Scotland and acts as a representative body for local solicitors. The title of “Royal” was granted in 1950 and a further Royal Charter was granted in 1996.

During the 19th century, teaching at the University's Law Faculty was increasingly directed in conjunction with the FPG, which partly endowed the Chair of Conveyancing, founded in 1861.

Summary

Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow

Record last updated: 2nd May 2007

University Connections

Awards

Chairs and Lectureships

There are no comments available.