The Old College

Description

In 1460 James, Lord Hamilton granted a building and some land on the east side of High Street to the principal regent in the University's Faculty of Arts, for a College. The Old College site was subsequently extended and developed by the University, and it remained the home of the University until the move to Gilmorehill in the city's west end in 1870.

Associated buildings