Gilmorehill

Description

The University moved from High Street to Gilmorehill in 1870. The campus was originally centred around the buildings erected on the top of the hill, designed by George Gilbert Scott. During the 20th century it spread out to the north of University Avenue where important buildings such as the Reading Room ((1940), the Modern Languages Building (1959), Library (1968) and Boyd Orr Building (1972) were built amidst the Victorian terraces and town houses that have been acquired over the decades to accommodate departments and offices.

Associated buildings