Dalrymple Hall

Description

Belhaven Terrace West was designed by the architect James Thomson (1835-1905) and built in the early 1870s. The University acquired five of the houses at the west end of the terrace and employed the architect WRN Ramsay to convert them to a hall of residence. Dalrymple Hall opened to students in October 1965.

The hall is named for one of Scotland's most famous jurists, James Dalrymple (1619-1695), 1st Viscount Stair. Stair was a graduate of the University (1637) and taught here from 1641 to 1647.

Summary

Dalrymple Hall
Belhaven Terrace West
Glasgow
G4 0QU
Record last updated: 13th Feb 2015

University Connections

Associated people

Campus