Rankine Building

Description

The Rankine Building is named for the former Professor of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, Macquorn Rankine (1820-1872) and was built to provide additional accommodation for the Department of Civil Engineering. It was designed in 1964 by Keppie, Henderson & Partners and officially opened by the Secretary of State for Scotland, Gordon Campbell, on 22 September 1970.

Summary

Rankine Building
79 Oakfield Avenue
Glasgow
G12 8LT
Record last updated: 25th Aug 2014

University Connections

Associated people

Campus